Ahi Tuna w/ Curry
4 Tuna Steak, Ahi grade 6 oz
Sesame seeds, White and Black as needed
1 Tbsp Sesame oil
1 Can Coconut Milk, 15 oz
2 Tbsp Peanuts Coarse ground
1 Tbsp Madra’s Yellow Curry
3 1-in Cut Lemongrass pounded
1 Tbsp Thai Basil
1/4 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Cayenne
Salt and Pepper to taste
Tangy Spinach Pesto
1/2 Lbs Spinach
3/4 C Extra Virgin Olive Oil
4 Cloves Garlic, peeled
1/2 Lime, zested and juiced
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Pepper
- Heat a Sauce pan over high heat until hot.
- Add Cocunut milk streaming until the can is empty, being careful of boiling liquid.
- After the coconut milk is boiling rapidly add the Lemongrass wedges, Thai Basil, Curry, Cinnamon, and Cayenne.
- Stir in a figure 8 motion while the sauce cooks, then turn down to a medium low heat.
- Add Peanuts and cook for 5 min or until sauce is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, Nappe.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a Blender, combine all the ingredients for the Spinach Pesto and blend until smooth.
- Coat the tuna steaks in sesame seeds and reserve for cooking.
- Heat a Skillet 0n high heat, and add Sesame oil until smoking.
- Add Tuna Steaks in carefully, and when they start turning white (1-2 min) flip and redo on the reverse side.
- Take off heat and let sit for 1 min and slice to desired thickness. Dip in sauces and enjoy!